Note: If your CMP implementation uses Google Advertising Products as a vendor, Google offers a troubleshooting guide to help with any errors you may encounter. Click here to read more.
This article lists common error reports and suggestions on how to troubleshoot the problems.
HTTP error 404, 401, 40X
The first layer does not appear, a 404 error message is seen in the browser console.
- Check that the property name for your website is included in the vendor list
HTTP error 500 internal server error
The first layer does not appear, a 500 error message is seen in the browser console.
- Check that there is an active vendor list for your campaign.
- If your property is running a unified campaign, check that Multi campaign is enabled in the Sourcepoint dashboard
invalid callback function / n is not a function
- Your organization or an on-page vendor has passed an invalid command to the TCF API.
- Your organization or an on-page vendor has passed an invalid callback function to the TCF API.
- Check that the command sent in the
__tcfapi()function is recognized and spelled correctly.
- Check that the callback function is being called correctly by the
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'config' of undefined
The TCF and U.S. Privacy - CCPA libraries are loading before the Sourcepoint stub code and configuration.
Please ensure that the Sourcepoint stub code & configuration is positioned as early as possible in the HTML code.
Error in messagingWithoutDetection: RequestError: Server request error: 400 at XMLHttpRequest.(anonymous)
- Values for
propertyHrefmissing or incorrectly set.
- Value for
propertyHrefcan be found from the Sourcepoint portal.
- The value for
envcan be "stage" or "public". Check the Sourcepoint portal that the value matches what has been set in the campaign setup.
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read wrapperMessagingWithoutDetection.js:1 property 'replace' of undefined
baseEndpointis not set.
baseEndpointvalue is incorrectly set to the agreed CNAME.
- Check that the
baseEndpointvalue has been set.
- If a CNAME has been set make sure the
baseEndpointvalue matches the CNAME value.
__tcfapi()function is null. The flag success returns false.
No data is returned from the
Check that the command sent in the
__tcfapi() function is recognized and spelled correctly.
The first layer does not appear, a blocked by CORS policy error message is seen in the browser console.
- Check that the property is associated with a vendor list.
- Check that the propertyId and/or propertyHref in the implementation script matches the property name and site ID in portal.
- Check that the property name resolves in the same way as the site URL (e.g. if property is set up as example.com but the site resolves to www.example.com, you may see a CORS error).
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getItem' or null
- Consent is not passed.
- A restriction imposed by Android means that subdomains cannot be passed to a webview.
Add the following to your code to allow subdomains to be passed to the webview:
WebSettings settings = webView.getSettings(); settings.setDomStorageEnabled(true);